Sunday 27 January 2013

Wet Weather Workout

At the moment on the Sunshine Coast, the weather is hectic. Severe weather warnings, category 1 cyclonic winds etc, it is hard to workout.


I like going for a walk most days, usually 3-4 times a week, but when the weather deteriorates I found this little gem. I admit, I do this sporadically but it is excellent for toning.
It is called the “100 workout” designed for young college students; I discovered this from a website for American and Canadian College girls with all sorts of tips and tricks on surviving college.

The 100 workout is a fast, all over body workout. You can do this at any time of the day and all in the comfort of your own home or dorm room. It works your glutes, quads, thighs, core and hamstrings and includes intensive cardio.
Thinking of giving the workout a try? Here’s how you do it:

·         100 jumping jacks
·         90 crunches
·         80 squats
·         70 leg lifts
·         60 jumping jacks
·         50 crunches
·         40 squats
·         30 leg lifts
·         20 jumping jack
·         10 minutes of running

 
That’s it! For those of you not used to exercising on a regular basis, I suggest working on one step at a time and adding a step when you think you’re ready. I’ve been doing this workout for a few days while the weather has been less than desirable and I won’t lie, it is hard, but it is certainly worth it.

 Miss Mac xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment