Tuesday 16 July 2013

Health and Beauty Benefits of Oils

I love Rosehip Oil. I use it on my face at night about four times a week. I love it. I love the feeling of waking up with beautiful, hydrated, glowing skin.


Rosehip Oil is full of Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids which is essential for skin health. They help to repair the skin’s surface and damaged tissue. It is also rich with antioxidants that help defend the skin against air pollution, sun damage and the effect of a poor diet.  Rosehip oil is also proven to help repair and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.

Rosehip is an excellent source of Vitamin A, which has been proven to prevent premature aging cause by sun exposure.

It is certainly a miracle in a bottle.

While on the theme of omega fatty acids is another miracle- Cold pressed flaxseed oil. I take a supplement of flaxseed oil every day. Flaxseed oil is known to improve heart and circulation health, so it is no surprise that it also does wonders for the skin. Flaxseed oil is brilliant for lowering cholesterol as well.  Whole flaxseeds are also a great way to incorporate fibre into your diet.



Coconut oil is also a great new love of mine. I put it in my protein smoothie after the gym, mix it with raw coconut sugar and make a Homemade Scrub. I also use it in my hair for a hydrating hair mask. I have found that my ends are not nearly as dry and damaged as they used to be and it also makes brushing your hair a dream- something that I am not used to, I have naturally curly/frizzy/ knotted hair.



I love oils, even using olive oil for moisturiser give my skin a beautiful holiday glow and is mega hydrating.



Using oils in beauty has so many amazing benefits and your skin will love you for it in winter!!


Miss Mac xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment